Sunday, December 11, 2011

Walking in my yard today I noticed a new colony of mushrooms making a home on a stump. This image features only about 1/4 of the colony. As I walk around the neighborhood here I see new mushrooms just about every day. Below is a fawn that was near the mushrooms. It and its mother have been sleeping in the yard for the last few days.
I used to try and chase deer away for they eat many things in the yard that I wish they wouldn't. An exercise in futility however. I'm trying to plant more things that they rarely eat, rosemary, lavendar, comphrey, some flowers ornamental grasses etc. Vegetables are behind a fence. It's more relaxing for me not to chase them and they are becoming fairly tame.
They amble away softly when I approach instead of racing madly through the brush and trees of the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment